Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Tips for Selling Digital Products

Sellfy is one of the companies I work with for distributing videos and other digital content. Basically what they do is host the files and handle the payment processing and customer service.


They did an interview with me, and here's one of their questions:

Sellfy: You make a portion of your income from your painting tutorials. What are your tips for selling digital products?

Gurney: I think it’s important to think all the time about what makes a better product that really helps other artists on their journey. When my wife Jeanette (also an artist) and I watch other videos, we always talk about what we liked about it and how it might have been better.

I really try to listen to what customers want, and I study the metrics. With all that said, I go out there to have fun and try new challenges, and it’s OK with me if some of my videos have a smaller audience.

That’s one thing I like about the digital arts economy is that you can niche market to specific groups, and they can get information that used to be unavailable a generation ago.



You can read the rest of the interview here.
You can check out all the stuff on my Sellfy page here.

2 comments:

Tobias Gembalski said...

To create and even sell this kind of videos is really a great opertunity nowadays, but as tempting it is, I somehow have no special knowledge to share that would give the things I do an extra value. I only could recommend to visit gurneyjourney.blogsopt.com

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.